1. Pride – Unrestrained self admiration.
2. Greed – Avarice, a desire for material possessions.
3. Lust – Uncontrolled desire.
4. Anger (Wrath) – Rage and hatred.
5. Gluttony – Uncontrolled consumption and wastefulness.
6. Envy – Jealousy of others possessions or status.
7. Sloth – Physical and spiritual laziness.
They are also called Cardinal Sins or Capital Vices. They are believed to be the root of all other sins.
Each sin has a virtue that is its opposite:
Proverbs 6:16-19King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.