Who are the men who have been accused of sexual misconduct and have had their lives and careers affected? We’re beginning with Harvey Weinstein because that’s when #MeToo began to gain traction and women (and some men) began to realize that they could speak about how they had been harassed, or even raped, without fear that they would be treated the way that Juanita Broaddrick , Paula Jones, and Kathleen Willey were treated.
We’re listing our 50 favorite TV show theme songs by decade (so it will be easier for you to look for your favorites and tell us how we must be the most tone deaf, tasteless people on the planet to have left out the ones that top your list!)
Rawhide – “Rawhide”
Peter Gunn – “Peter Gunn Theme”
Bonanza – “Bonanza”
Hawaii Five-O - “Hawaii Five – O Theme”
The Beverly Hillbillies – The Ballad of Jed Clampett
Here Come the Brides – “Seattle”
The Courtship of Eddie’s Father – “Best Friend”
Mission Impossible – “Mission Impossible Theme”
The Green Hornet – “Green Hornet Theme”
The Saint – “The Saint Theme”
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson – “Tonight Show Theme”
WKRP in Cincinnati – “WKRP in Cincinnati”
The Dukes of Hazard – “The Good Ol’ Boys”
Happy Days – “Happy Days”
Baretta – “Baretta’s Theme”
Welcome Back, Kotter – “Welcome Back”
The Mary Tyler Moore Show – “Love is All Around”
Minder – “I Could Be So Good For You”
The Partridge Family – “Come On Get Happy”
The Rockford Files – “The Rockford Files Theme”
Dallas – “Dallas Theme”
Taxi – “Angela”
M*A*S*H - “Suicide Is Painless”
The TV show didn’t use the lyrics, but here’s a version with them just because it’s such a pretty song, especially for one having such sad lyrics.
The Odd Couple – “The Odd Couple Theme”
Cheers - “Where Everybody Knows Your Name”
The Greatest American Hero - “Believe it or Not”
The Wonder Years – “With a Little Help From My Friends”
Moonlighting – “Moonlighting”
The Fall Guy – “The Unknown Stuntman”
Fame – “Fame”
Bosom Buddies – “My Life”
Hill Street Blues – “Hill Street Blues Theme”
Hardcastle and McCormick – “Back to Back”
And (also from Hardcastle and McCormick) “Drive”
MacGyver – “MacGyver Theme Song”
EastEnders – “EastEnders Theme”
Friends -“I’ll Be There For You”
The Heights o “How Do You Talk to an Angel?”
Twin Peaks – “Falling”
Ally McBeal – “Searching My Soul”
True Blood – “Bad Things”
Firefly – “The Ballad of Serenity”
Monk – “It’s a Jungle Out There”
Psych – “I Know You Know”
The Wire – “Way Down in the Hole”
The Returned – “Hungry Face”
The Shadow Line – “Pause”
Peaky Blinders – “Red Right Hand”
Pretty Little Liars – “Secret”
Game of Thrones – “Game of Thrones Theme”
- AppleJack. A spunky, friendly and of course honest pony, she takes the place of number 6 on this list. Applejack is hard working and protective of her friends and family, and while inherently good these can lead to trouble when she becomes overly protective, causing thick tension between her and others, or wearing herself out and still promising to do more.
- Pinkie Pie. Always ready to party and make others laugh, Pinkie pie is at number 5 with her optimistic attitude and excited behaviour. It’s awesome having someone who’s almost always smiling, except when her somewhat over dramatic attitude ends with her saying something incredibly upsetting with the same upbeat tone as she does everything else.
- Rarity. A giving, gorgeous and sweet girl, Rarity’s posh attitude makes her come off as snobby- and she is! But in the end, she’s a loving and kind pony who is always ready to give to others, expecting nothing in return but maybe a smile. Rarity is a bit snobbish and over dramatic, but she still takes number 4 for her generous ways and amazing fashion sense.
- Rainbow Dash. She’s fast, witty and loyal, Rainbow takes number 3 as her awesome attitude and amazing athletic abilities make her an amazing friend and occasional hero. Rainbow’s awesome, and while it’s great to have a lot of self confidence, Rainbow can be very egotistical, leading to her doubting her abilities if she’s unable to complete something, or overestimating them and in the end harming or endangering others.
- Fluttershy. Adorable, amazingly adorable Fluttershy is at number 2. She loves animals, all animals, from small to scary she’s almost always ready to lend a hoof in aid of hurt, scared or hungry critters. Fluttershy is kind, completely and totally, except this kindness causes problems for her, she’s a bit of a pushover even to the animals she cares for so dearly, but she knows when to put a hoof down and say ‘enough is enough’.
- Sunset Shimmer. Smart, determined and beautiful Sunset reigns at number 1. She’s funny, she’s cute, and she’s learning all about friendship, similar to the viewers- though hopefully they never turned into a demonic monster and tried to take over the school, and Equestria.Sunset is very sweet and gentle, despite our first impression of her in Equestria Girls, where she wasn’t exactly the nicest, Sunset really is a kind girl who just wanted something deeply, and didn’t know there was any other way to get it. She’s become a close friend to the girls of Canterlot High, and with each new adventure they grow closer and she learns more about the truest and best magic of all: Friendship.