1. He says what they can’t say. Even when he’s too extreme, it’s still refreshing to hear someone who doesn’t care about being politically correct. He’s not afraid of controversy…maybe even craves it.
2. He would have to do better than what we’ve had lately.
People watch the news about migrants in Europe – closing the Chunnel between France and England – or setting their own tents on fire in Slovenia.
The current administration’s failed policies in Syria have played a big part in forcing these people to leave their homes. What would Trump have to do to screw up more than this? We were promised “smart diplomacy” that would bring the world back to our side. Instead we got failure in Iraq, an increase drone strikes, and inept negotiations with every country from Russia to North Korea.
3. He’s a leader. People want to hear him tell the Republican establishment politicians, “You’re fired!” Okay, so he can’t actually fire them, but he won’t put up with their bullshit either.
4. He builds things – buildings, a TV show, a business empire, a fortune. Politicians like to tell us about “evil rich” people who are keeping us from getting our share of the pie. Yeah, the economy isn’t a pie. There’s not a limited amount of wealth available. Your neighbor’s success doesn’t prevent you from succeeding. If anything, government regulations that protect established businesses at the expense of entrepreneurs do that.
There are only a few candidates that have been successful in the private sector. (None of the major Democratic candidates can claim this.) Other notable candidates that have done this are Dr. Ben Carson, who was raised by a single mother in Detroit and grew up to become a neurosurgeon. At age 33, as the director of pediatric neurosurgery, he was the youngest major division director in the hospital’s history.
Another candidate that has been successful in the business world is Carly Fiorina. She was AT&T’s first female executive officer and then went on to be CEO of Hewlett-Packard.
5. He’s like a character in Arrested Development.